Wednesday, June 9, 2010

S. Carey

I happened across S. Carey while reading one of my favorite music blogs, prowling for something new to listen to. As I read the small description of S. Carey and his featured tune "In the Dirt" I realized that this guy's full name is Sean Carey. If you're familiar with Bon Iver you may recognize this name; Sean has been drumming with Justin Vernon's band for several years. If you graduated from Badger High School in Lake Geneva, WI you may also recognize this name; I went to school with this kid, and I'm so excited he's getting a shot.

"In the Dirt" is dreamy, sorrow-tinged, and acoustic, not far from the sound of most of Bon Iver's work. This particular tune also reminds me of one of my favorite local (and now defunct) Madison bands, the Profits.

Sean's full-length debut, titled "All We Grow," is slated for release on August 24 through Jagjaguwar. I wish him all the best with it!

http://nofearofpop.net/downloads/S.%20Carey%20-%20In%20The%20Dirt.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment