Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hi-Fructose is Eye Candy


Hi-Fructose is a quarterly contemporary art publication I somehow happened upon. I initially discovered the magazine through their webpage and was so transfixed by the art that I immediately bought a subscription for $26/year...I just had to.

As an Art History major, I feel ashamed to say that I rarely concern myself with the happenings of the current art world. I felt instantly reinvigorated and fascinated by what I spent the better part of four years doing: looking at interesting images.

The stuff featured in Hi-Fructose has a coherent theme: vivid colors, graphic line, fantasy-like characters, and twisted situations (Take a look at Alex Pardee's "Digested Rainbow" above). Sure, there is social/political commentary if you're into analyzing that sort of thing, but, if not, the art is just plain cool to look at.
Browse or subscribe here: http://www.hifructose.com/home.html


No comments:

Post a Comment